The San Saba County Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, dedicated to the creation of a vibrant and healthy business community, in the San Saba County area.
Position Description: The Executive Director oversees all operations of SSCCOC. This position requires the
ability to work independently, a high level of organization, and advocacy actions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The ED is responsible for the onboarding of Board Members.
- The ED shall schedule BOD meetings and provide all relevant materials for such meetings.
- The ED will collaborate and communicate effectively with the Board of Directors, regarding budgets, issues, and long-term goals.
- The ED will create and present an annual budget (to the BOD) and establish an annual plan for spending based on priorities, staffing, and service needs.
- The ED maintains all compliance records, including Federal forms 941 and 990, etc.
- The ED maintains all financial records, including payroll, tax payments, insurance payments, general operations, accounts payable and receivable, contracts, and sales.
- The ED is responsible for grant securing, reporting, and completion.
- The ED is responsible for contract management.
- The ED will oversee the organizational database system. Ensuring invoicing, accounts receivable, and payable are synchronized with QuickBooks, and stay current.
- The ED is responsible for the management of the organization's website. This includes content creation, updates, and registrations.
- The ED is responsible for social media publishing, and securing all images and materials for content production.
- The ED will serve as the official spokesperson of the organization. The ED must be proficient in public speaking and written communications and should expect communications with the press. Additionally, the ED should expect to serve on committees, panels, and boards, at the request of other service and government organizations.
- The ED is often required to advocate on behalf of the business community and should be comfortable communicating with local, State, and Federal officials regarding business needs and concerns.
- The ED is responsible for managing the Junior Chamber Directors and Associate Directors.
- The ED is responsible for any printed material, including marketing.
- The ED should expect to attend a minimum of one annual conference annually, likely the TCCE conference.
- The ED must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, Canva, and QuickBooks. Experience with web hosting and database management is a plus.
- The ED is responsible for the organization, implementation, and review of all organization events, including but not limited to Sip N’ Stroll, Annual Job Fair, Carnival, and Stan Weik 5K.
- The ED may be required to complete duties outside of this job description if other organization positions are vacant.
If interested please submit your resume to [email protected].