The San Saba County Chamber of Commerce High School Scholarship for seniors graduating in a San Saba County, Texas school.
The scholarship application package is available for download following the rules. Please complete the application and return it back to the San Saba County Chamber of Commerce by April 15, 2022 to be eligible.
San Saba County Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Rules
Section 1: The purpose of the scholarships shall be to give financial assistance to students who plan to enter the business profession. The student must be planning to pursue a business or degree related to business.
Section 2: The sum of $3,000.00 for the 2022 year shall be designated for the scholarship. The award of the scholarship will be open to both males and females. Three awards will be given out. One award per each of the San Saba County Schools.
II. SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Section 1: There shall be a Scholarship Committee consisting of a Chairman, the President of the Chamber and two representatives of the Chamber.
Section 2: The principals and/or counselors of the member high schools, assisted by their staff members, shall recommend for the consideration of the Committee, senior students from their school. The Committee shall review the qualifications of the candidates. The Committee shall personally interview the top three applicants and select recipients and alternate from those interviewed. Notification to all applicants shall be made by mail. Each recipient MUST have an alternate named in the event the recipient fails to meet the criteria outlined to fulfill their scholarship.
a. The Scholarship Chairman shall:
1. Be a Chamber member.
2. Preside at all meetings and direct the interviews.
3. Solicit applications from the member high schools of San Saba County.
4. Conduct all correspondence, including the notification of applicants as to the results of the interviews coordination with the Chamber’s Executive Director.
b. The Executive Director shall:
1. Shall distribute copies of Standing Rules for the Scholarship to the following: Each committee member, the scholarship recipients and their alternates.
2. Distribute scholarship money to recipient’s school after verifying the student’s eligibility.
3. In the case of a student becoming ineligible, the scholarship money will go to the designated alternate.
4. The Executive Director shall tally the votes at the scholarship applicants review session and therefore does not vote.
III. SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT
Section 1: Shall plan to enter a business profession.
Section 2: Shall be a resident of San Saba County at the time of application for the scholarship and at the time that he/she graduates from a San Saba County high school.
Section 3: Shall be a graduate with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Section 4: Shall not abuse the use of intoxicating beverages or illegal substances.
Section 5: Shall show proof of registration in a college or university prior to receiving funds. The funds will be sent to the college or university directly.
Section 6: Shall take a minimum of twelve (12) hours of study during the semester in which the scholarship is awarded.
Section 7: If recipient becomes ineligible to receive the Scholarship, then the alternate (if eligible) may receive the scholarship.
Section 8: Agree to ride on the San Saba County Chamber of Commerce float in at least three San Saba County Parades.